Thursday, April 28, 2011

never forget moments like these.

The heat of summer burning my skin while fishing with my dad.

The smell of pecan pie coming from my mother's oven at Christmas.

The truth behind the peace you will find with God, in His time...not your own.

The belly laugh coming from a ticklish toddler who has so much love in her eyes for you.

The mixed scent of chewing tobacco and manual labor from my grandpa.

Olive green kitchen appliances at my Mawmaw's, with a couch so comfortable I could sleep for days.

My uncle Tim's steady helping hand, a ride to the beach together revealing much more about him as a person.

Feeling safe, feeling loved.

Sweat dripping from my brow, running down my face while listening to a concerts in a 90 degree North Carolina summer.

Sitting on my mom and dads from porch talking to friends, sharing laughter, sharing pain.

Hardships, they let you see how far you've come.

My birthday with my old high school friends, feeling included, so young.

Beholding beauty in my newborn baby. How beautifully God crafted her in me...

Holding hands and feeling my heart beat faster for the first time.

Feeling conviction in my heart during church services or through God's word, breaking down in tears.

Catching a big fish. I mean, a very, very big fish with my Mom and Uncle and Sister.

My sister waking me up first thing in the morning to take me to breakfast. It meant so much more than she knew.

Freedom, a heart free of pain and sadness and regret. God makes no mistakes.

Eating tomatoes off the vine with my Dad...




rest in these memories in troubled times for they will see you through to happier times...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...