Monday, May 23, 2011

These Quiet Hours

We turn off the television.

What's that sound in the Carolina sky? Crickets and frogs. Cicades and cars rushing past. 
Its comforting, really. It sounds like home. 

I'm in an interesting point in my life right now. I feel like I'm waiting. I'm waiting on God.

I'm waiting on God to point me in the direction He seems fit, and it seems like I keep trying to jump ship. That's not what He's called me to do. So I'm sitting here listening to the summer's anthem chirping and croaking, singing and buzzing outside. But there's a fire that's starting within me...

There's a missions trip this October with my church [won't you please pray for us?] and I've signed up to go. I don't know how, but I know if its God's will I will be helping to build a warehouse in the Dominican Republic in the fall this year. So this summer is about change.

Change in direction, change in attitude, change in habits. 

Change. He is redirecting my eyes. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...